Monday, August 6, 2012

Farmer's Market Cardigan Photo

Good Afternoon!

Bit by bit, I am getting things accomplished, but so much to do.  But here is one success story that I really must share.

Last year one of my students asked me to help her knit up a sweater.  It's design was really beautiful and it was in the Interweave Knits magazine Fall 2009, by Connie Chang Chinchio.  The design was confusing to my student and she asked me if I could break it down into more understandable sections for her.

That being completed, she cast on and began knitting.  Having reached the armhole section, even the re - write was more than she could handle.  She turned the sweater over to me with a huge amount of yarn and asked me to finish it and it is now February of this year. 

Now a problem cropped up, her gauge was slightly erratic, and I wasn't sure that I could match it.  So, knowing there was plenty of yarn, I began fresh, ( I wish I had kept a yarn label to tell you what it was, but it was beautiful).  One month later, I brought the finished sweater back to class and presented it to her. 

She was ecstatic, it fit perfectly and the color complimented her hair and complexion.  My student is away helping with her new grand baby so she lent me the sweater for a photograph.  The photographer, by the way, is Matt Yerkes matt@yerkesphoto.com and he also built my website for me http://youandmeknit.com.   The model is my daughter Jessica.


I do believe she will be modeling all my wearable art!

I also added this to the Knitting Daily Galleries for Reader Photos. 

Time to get this published and on to other things.  Have a great rest of your day and..

 Happy Knitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment