Monday, July 23, 2012

Organic Soap and a Hemp Face Cloth

Good Afternoon,

I am preparing for a new adventure, Gift Baskets.  I have found a  wonderful source for organic herbal soaps and I received my sample order last Friday afternoon.  As I opened the box, I thought I had just stepped into one of those organic, herbal, essential oil, heavenly scented shops that makes you want to drop your troubles at the door before entering. You can find these wonderful soaps soon at http://youandmeknit.com, Salon DKS in Bradford MA, and at Hudson Valley Body Works in Kingston, NY, as well as Etsy, Craftsy, and Ravelry and Pinterest.

Each bar of soap that was opened was better than the last.  Now, I thought, what am I going to do to market these wonderful pieces of heaven. I had written in my 7/13 blog about my road trip to Mass to visit my brother.  I had knit a washcloth on my way in the car.  Better than cotton, I have ordered a cone of hemp knitting yarn, arriving any time now, to pair with these lovely soaps.  The hemp yarn will be knit into lovey face clothes soon as well and available at the above locations.  As soon as these are ready to go, I will post the links of the locations, but wanted to give everyone the heads up.


This past Friday evening, I began designing a face cloth to accompany the soap.  I can market the face cloth alone, paired with a soap, or a gift basket with several soaps and face clothes.  I have been searching for venues so when everything is packaged neat, tidy and beautiful, then it is a matter of hitting the pavement.

The possibilities are endless.  Collecting the names of spas, upscale hotels, salons, etc, will take some time, and then to knit for all will be another challenge to over come.  This is so exciting finally finding something so wonderful to share.  Now this can be added to the teaching, coaching, mentoring, contract knitting, etc., etc.

Time for me to get this out, but a bit of family news, my son and his girlfriend announced their engagement this afternoon.  The wedding is planned for June of 2014!  Another happy occasion to look forward to.

Have a great rest of the day and Happy Knitting

No comments:

Post a Comment