Thursday, July 19, 2012

The Knitting Madness Begins Soon


Good Morning,

How is it that I have so many projects going on at one time?  No matter how well I try to plan, there always seem to be more and more that get added to the list.  They are now in varying stages of completion.

It is near the end of July and and steam rolling into August, typically  when I remind myself that Christmas is only four months away!  Oh my, no wonder the knit list is so long, then there area classes to prepare for to teach at yarnandteashop.com, my pieces on Etsy, Craftsy, and Ravelry.  It's a good thing that knitting is good for arthritis in the hands.
While talking with my daughter yesterday, she is a knitter as well, I told her that she may get some simple things to knit for me that she can do while she is reading for school.  She is my Braniac Math Major, who, by the way, received an A in her accelerated Calc Course!
I would like to share with you a couple of pictures that were shared on FB and brings to my mind the frantic, crazy knitting moments that seize me every once in a while.


How cool it would be if we could navigate our many projects like this.....maybe not, for me it is about touching and feeling the yarn and it's about the process.


Superman the Super Knitter?  This again, make me think how can I knit faster?
But, then I would not be a part of my knitting.  It would fly so fast through my hands that I would barely bond with them.

The reason I felt compelled to share these with you, is that first, they are cute and funny.  But on a more serious note, why do we do this to ourselves.  I dare say, probably every year, there are projects rushed because we are frantically knitting away, I know I do. 

I was thinking this morning, that a FaceTime or Skype KAL, might be fun.  We as knitters always have so much to share with each other, and I always have a great time knitting with others.  It doesn't have to be in a LYS, but could be in a cafe, church group, library or some one's home.  If this is something that might be of interest, please email me: dee@youandmeknit.com, or drop a comment in the box below.   
This can be a really fun way to get to know others who share a passion, learn how others execute a particular knitting technique, because there are many ways to do things.
Have to mention that it is much cooler today since the storms went through.  It is so much more pleasant outside.

Have a great day and Happy Knitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment