Friday, July 20, 2012

Sock Pattern Submission


Good Morning,

While catching up on a couple of blogs that I subscribe to, I came across yesterday's Knitting Daily Blog.  My mail is usually in such huge quantities, that I scan quickly through to see if it is content that I need to re - read later.  Well, this issue really caught my eye during the quick scan mode.  It seems that Interweave's eMag, Sockupied, is looking for submissions for issues in 2013.

Well, as you can imagine, I had to stop, back up, and read this more closely.  Once I had digested the information, my mind is just buzzing.  Can I make a submission?  Of course you can.  Oh, I don't know if I can do that.  Why not, you very nearly have your sport sock pattern complete.  Oh, I don't know.....

Back and forth, this conversation is going on, do I or don't I.  Reason and good sense has won.  I sent the email to receive the submission form.  What on earth do I have to lose anyway.  Here is an opportunity to have a pattern published! 

Just this morning early, I was reading about pattern submissions in my Knitting for Profit eBook by Liz Raad.  The eBook outlined the steps and some links to accomplish this very thing, and here it is again in my Google Reader.  Twice in one day this information has been presented, so I'd best not ignore it.  Experience has taught me that these prompts are limited and are only offered for a short time. 

So, the next step on my to do list today, pull the sock pattern out of my documents list, and edit it.  The photography work has been done already.  Then it's just a matter of sending the PDF pattern to my photographer/web designer, Matt for the final insertion of the photo. 

It is a cool, rainy day and we really  need it.  It has been raining like this all night and supposed to continue throughout the day.  I wish I could share this with other parts of the country that are so parched right now. 

Have a great weekend everyone and Happy Knitting!




No comments:

Post a Comment