Monday, July 16, 2012

Layering Shrug

Good Morning,

We had a little rain last night, but not enough to give good relief to the ground.  Gratefully, there are no draught conditions like other parts of the country. 

I have started a new project yesterday, and knitting it is simple, clear and so far, error free.  It is a free down loadable pattern called Layering Shrug by Juju Vail for Loopknitting.com.  I am knitting it in Malabrigo lace weight yarn color 148, Holly Hock.  The yarn is a tone on tone 100% Baby Merino spun single.  I wish that you could feel this it against your skin....yummy! 

Here is the link for the Layering Shrughttp://www.loopknitlounge.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/Layering-Shrug-1.2.pdf

Here is the link for Malabrigo Lace Baby Merinohttp://www.malabrigoyarn.com/


Back to the Shrug.  The pattern begins some rows up the sleeve with a provisional cast on.  Then you knit down to the "cuff" area and bind off.  Those first 12 rows, I did change the pattern just a smidge, just because I do stuff like that.  I did not knit the purl rows, instead continually worked the yarn over rows for the 12 rows. 


The very bottom of the picture is the bind of and just above that is the 12 rows I altered.  Then you move on up the sleeve.   I also realize that the pattern is not written for lace weight yarn, but the person who will receive this is a small size, so with the gauge that I am getting, 7.5 stitches to the inch on a size US 4 circular needle, this should be OK.

I am so anxious to see how this design comes together.  I friend of mine had knit it awhile ago, and I loved it...so now can't wait to experience the complete project for myself.

Have a great afternoon everyone, Happy Knitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment