Friday, August 3, 2012

Pashmina Scribble Lace Cowl

Good Afternoon,

I think my fingers are bloody stumps!  I have been working on the Pashmina Lace Cowl Pattern in several different programs.  Most of the ones online use a format to create the graph to gauge, and then it transitions into your graph.  BUT, it is downloaded as a PDF document, which is a PAIN!  I don't simply want to print, which is great if that is all you want to do, then these types of programs are perfect.

I wanted to download to my documents and then create my graph, pattern key and insert it into the pattern. No can do!  So I searched around some more and found a great little tutorial using Excel, and it proved to be better than the last one I used.  I will add the link: http://www.marniemaclean.com/words/2007/08/using_excel_to_1.html

It is short, sweet and to the point that even an Excel challenged person that I am, could understand it.  So, I would like to share the knitting key.  The graph wouldn't work in this space, it just got strange looking.

  Knit Every Round
0 YO
K Knit
\ SSK
/ Knit 2 Together



This is my beautiful daughter, Jessica modeling the Pashmina Cowl.  And for a bit of whimsy....



Just for fun, she pulled it up over her hair.  Very cute.

As before, when I published the original photo, I had offered to share this free from me to you, just because.  Thank You for following my blog.

Have a great weekend and Happy Knitting!






No comments:

Post a Comment