Monday, July 2, 2012

The New Vogue Knitting Early Fall 2012

Good Morning!

Hope you all had a a great weekend, and was able to keep cool. It's supposed to be a tad cooler today but I will wait and see for myself.

When I got home from teaching on Saturday at yarnandteashop.com, on the kitchen table was my new issue of Vogue Knitting, Early Fall 2012.  I was so excited by the cover, that I had to first thumb through and look at all the new knitwear designs.  Each one is beautiful and innovative. 

Shorts!  Can you believe shorts?  on  page 69, a pair of hand knit blue shorts paired with a green belted sweater.  On the preceding page, 68, a green double moss stitch skirt paired with a blue boucle' mohair sweater.  All four pieces by Deborah Newton. 

On page 42, one of my favorite subjects....gauge.  The article titled The Finishers' Best Friend: The Swatch Tells the Story of a Sweater, by Deborah Newton.  There are many swatches featured and the content of the article hopefully will soothe the hackles of those that just hate swatching. 

I have tried over the years to educate knitters as to the benefits of the swatch, but this article gives even more reasons than I in favor of spending time swatching.  Enough said...read on.

A few other designs really caught my eye, and I have already made some notes as to the fiber that I wish to create them in.  Alas, they end up in a long line of "to do's".  They are the Lace Coat by Brooke Nico, page 51, and the Lace Poncho by Lisa Daehlin, page 55.  I thought my eyes would pop out of my head when I saw these, already making mental notes on that same "to do" list who might be the lucky recipients of these pieces.

In closing, I have rarely seen so many want and need to knit pieces in one magazine.  Kudos to Vogue for such a great issue!

Have great day everyone and please leave a comment in the box below if you are enjoying my blog.  If you have a question, or would like more information on a subject, or some knitting help, again, leave a comment.

2 comments:

  1. I am enjoying your blog! I found my way here from A Perfect Blend. I am a fan of Mary and her shop and would love to take a class with you! All the best to you, Diana.

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS: Thanks for the link to the Layering Shrug. That looks dreamy. I can't wait to get started.

    And I love Vogue Knitting. It's the best knitting magazine I've yet to find.

    ReplyDelete