Friday, July 13, 2012

Road Trip



Good Afternoon,

Hot once again, but as I write this, I am traveling to Massachusetts with my Mom and my Sister.  We are going to my Brother’s for a hair day.   He has a salon in his house, Salon DKS, and I don’t mind the travel when the result is a visit and a hair day.  I am not driving, so it is a productive day for me. 

I finished a washcloth minutes ago, that I hope that he will want to carry a line of in his shop.  Fingers are crossed.  I also ordered a two pound cone of unbleached and undyed Hemp yarn to use as well.  Hemp is a perfect fiber as it is organic, antimicrobial, biodegradable, and exfoliates your skin.  The more it is washed the softer it gets. 


I can think of dozens of ways to use this fiber besides a washcloth due to it’s wonderful properties. Having a dish cloth or pair of socks would be a good start.  I will have to make a pair of socks to see how they feel on my sensitive tootsies.

We are no on the last leg of the trip, getting closer to our exit and then I have to stop writing.  Time to pick up my other project, a sweater that I am knitting from left over yarn from a baby blanket I finished in June.

                                            



I am now in my brothers shop waiting my turn.  My sister is in the chair first. 




My turn next...that's cause Mom is relaxing in the pool.  Time to pull the sweater out of it's bag and get a move on.  Projects are lined up and have to get moving.

Have a great weekend everyone and Happy Knitting!




No comments:

Post a Comment