Monday, July 9, 2012

Surprise Jacket Update

Good Afternoon,

Glorious weather today, not too hot and low humidity.  Ahhhhh.

Just wanted to share with you an update for the Surprise Jacket Class that begins on 7/25 and 7/28 at The Perfect Blend, yarnandteashop.com.  Mary and I have tweaked the class description again, always something more to add.  Under the "Things you will need section"  a row/stitch counterwill be helpful.  We have also been working with a couple of apps for iPad and iPhone that track rows and stitches for multiple projects. 

I have been using one for the Surprise Jacket that I am knitting for the shop.  It is so incredibly handy, no note pad or pen to lose or leave home.  If you have never knit one of these delightful sweaters, you know there is a lot of required counting, both stitches and rows.  I am using my iPad and loving every minute of it.

I am near completion of the sample jacket, and thought you might like to see it. 


I know that it probably doesn't look like much, but what you see  here, if you have never knit one before, is the sleeves and the beginning of the neckline.  I have just bound off 5 stitches on each side where the needle points are visible.  At the point where the stitches are contained on the cable part of the needle, that is the body. 

I just love hanging things in my Magnolia Tree to photograph them.  Oh, by the way, I should mention for those that have not knit this, across the top of the shoulders in the upper edge of the photo, is the only place that you will have to seam.  My favorite is the Mattress Stitch.  I will make a video of the process when I get to that point.  I have encountered so many knitters who are not familiar or who have trouble executing the maneuver.  I have done a considerable amount of seaming of sweaters for many and for some on a regular basis. 

I must add a note about the boys.  They are having a wonderful time now that their Mom is home with them.  Their older brother goes to day camp and after dropping him off, they go to the park to visit the animals in the children's zoo.  Mom makes popcorn for them to feed the Peetock, JT's word for Peacock. After feeding the animals, the boys share a muffin and then home.  After lunch and naps, it is pool time.  Both of them love being in the water, however, JT must have his "noodle"!

Remember, if you would like to learn how to knit the Surprise Jacket and you do not live near by, please leave a comment in the box below or email me at dee@youandmeknit.com to set up an appointment to Skype or FaceTime the class.

Happy Knitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment