Friday, June 1, 2012

Another Knitting Month Begins!


I'm always amazed at how fast the days pass into weeks and then months....we won't talk about the years. But in the brief moment that I said that, it's been over 45 knitting years for me! I can't really put a number on how many projects that adds up to. I can say that the unfinished project number is by far lower than the finished number. Do you have "UFO's" hiding somewhere that you would like to bring closure to? Next to teaching, I love to help knitters finish their unfinished projects.

From my own experience there are as many reasons to NOT finish a project as there are projects. Mine generally fall into a couple of categories: miscalculation of fiber, boring and loss of interest, just to name two. Whatever your knitting dilemma, a desire to fix a mistake, figure out where you left off, or maybe just an explanation of what to do next is needed.

I have a student of mine who has been known to break a window or two in frustration when the project was thrown. The needles it was on just happened to hit a fragile window, and, well, you get the idea. Within a few weeks after that, said project finds it's way to class.

My project class is almost ready to meet again to start double knitting the fingers on their fingerless gloves. At the Saturday morning "Knitting 911" drop in class, I'm never sure what anyone will bring, but one of the knitters always has at least three if not more projects in the works at a time. It certainly keeps me busy, but the time passes before I realize that class has been over for 1/2 hour!

It's Friday, and I have a long list of knitting that needs to be seen to. One is a baby blanket that I knit for a young woman in my office. Her baby is due this month and I have to get it blocked and ready to go to work on Monday. I will try to get a photo of it on Monday's blog.

JT is out on the porch "mowing" the lawn/carpet enjoying the nice weather and Mason is napping. I hope you all have a terrific weekend. Take some time and enjoy a bit of peace with yourselves and your families.

No comments:

Post a Comment